- Diflucan 150mg
- In Stock
|150mg  x  8  tablets||$25.00||$3.13|
|150mg  x  16  tablets||$40.00||$2.50|
|150mg  x  24  tablets||$70.00||$2.92|
What is the use of Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg?
Diflucan 150mg is an anti-fungal medication used to treat vaginal yeast infections called Candida. It belongs to class of drugs called azole antifungals and used to prevent and treat variety of fungal and yeast infections. The medication stops the growth and spread of Candida. It takes seven days for the infection to heal and disappear completely with the therapy of Diflucan 150mg.
Fluconazole or Diflucan 150mg works by blocking the growth and reproduction of fungi Candida and Cryptococcus. For people with this fungal infection, Diflucan 150mg proves to be a quick remedy as the infection is cleared within a week. For people at higher risk of Candidiasis, Diflucan helps in preventing the infection.
Method of dosage of Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg
Diflucan 150mg is an oral drug in the form of capsule that can be taken with water before or after meals. Take the drug as per doctor’s prescription. Do not self-medicate. In case of any doubts or queries call your physician or concerned medical expert. In case of liquid suspension shake the bottle well before pouring it in measuring container. Use measuring cap or container that comes along with the drug. Do not use household spoons to measure the drug.
Dosage is based on the medical condition of the patient and response to the treatment. In case of children the dosage is based on their weight and intensity of infection. The daily consumption of Diflucan in case of children should not exceed 600mg unless directed by doctor. In order to maintain constant level of drug in your system it is recommended to take the drug at a fixed time regularly as directed. Continue with drug for the entire course duration recommended by your doctor. Do not stop the drug randomly once you feel better. The infection can return if you do not take the drug as prescribed by your physician or doctor. Inform your doctor if the condition worsens.
Precautions to be taken with Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg
- Make sure that you are not in any way allergic to the drug Diflucan 150mg or with any of its non-active compounds. Talk to your doctor/pharmacist about the same and avoid any allergic reaction.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history and the various drugs (prescribed/OTC and herbal) taken buy you regularly.
- The drug affects heart rhythm (QT prolongation). So those who suffer from heart ailments or have history of surgery should avoid taking the drug.
- The drug causes drowsiness and light headedness. Avoid driving or working on heavy machines under the influence of Diflucan 150mg
- Those addicted to marijuana or any narcotic, opioid drugs or alcohol should first speak to doctor who is the best person to guide them.
- Before planning any surgery or dental implant speak to your doctor and apprise him of various drugs taken by you regularly.
- Pregnant women should take this drug when clearly needed as it can harm their foetus if taken during first 3 months of pregnancy
- Breastfeeding women should be cautious as the drug can pass through their milk to the infant.
- Older men are likely to be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, can cause rash, vomiting, and diarrhoea and QT prolongation.
Side effects of Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg
Common side effects of the drug are as follows:
- Stomach upset/pain
- Hair loss
In case of severe side effects like fast or irregular heartbeat, severe dizziness and fainting call your nearest doctor or medical expert.
Drug interactions of Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg
To avoid any type of drug interactions submit a list of medicines or drugs taken by you regularly (prescription/OTC and herbal drugs) to your doctor who prescribes you Diflucan 150mg. Do not stop or change the dose of Diflucan without the knowledge of your doctor.
Diflucan 150mg is known to interact with Terfenadine When used with fluconazole at doses of 400 mg or higher, this drug can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition called torsades de pointes. Pimozide, clarithromycin, erythromycin, ranolazine, lomitapide, donepezil, voriconazole, and quinidine are other drugs that can interact with Difucon 150mg. When used with fluconazole, these drugs can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition called torsades de pointes.
In case of missed dose of Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg
In case you have missed or skipped particular dose then take it when you remember it. But if you are approaching close to your next scheduled dose then just forget the missed dose and carry on with the new dose. Do not take double dose to compensate with the missed dose as it can lead to serious health complications and even medical emergency.
In case of accidental overdose of Diflucan - Fluconazole 150mg
In case of accidental overdose just reach the patient/victim to your nearest medical emergency centre and report poisoning.
Do not share this drug with anybody else with similar condition. The drug is prescribed for your existing condition and should not be used later when similar infection occurs. You will need to consult your doctor every time you use Diflucan .