- Azithromycin Tablet
- In Stock
|1000mg  x  9  tablets||$26.00||$2.89|
|1000mg  x  18  tablets||$33.00||$1.83|
|1000mg  x  27  tablets||$40.00||$1.48|
|1000mg  x  54  tablets||$55.00||$1.02|
|1000mg  x  108  tablets||$65.00||$0.60|
|250mg  x  9  tablets||$16.00||$1.78|
|250mg  x  18  tablets||$19.00||$1.06|
|250mg  x  27  tablets||$24.00||$0.89|
|250mg  x  54  tablets||$38.00||$0.70|
|250mg  x  108  tablets||$48.00||$0.44|
|500mg  x  9  tablets||$18.00||$2.00|
|500mg  x  18  tablets||$27.00||$1.50|
|500mg  x  27  tablets||$32.00||$1.19|
|500mg  x  54  tablets||$43.00||$0.80|
|500mg  x  108  tablets||$54.00||$0.50|
What is Azithromycin Tablets used for ?
The drug Azithromycin is used for treating a wide variety of bacterial infections. The well-known antibiotic works by stopping the growth of bacteria. It is however not applicable for viral infections (influenza, cold, fever).
How to take Azithromycin Tablets?
Patient information leaflet available at your pharmacist can be referred to. If you have any query the same can be put up before your physician. The drug has to be taken orally with plain water over food. The dosage depends on the medical condition of the subject. In order to get the optimum drug result take the antibiotic at evenly spaced times. Take the medicines on a fixed time in a day so as to easily recall the dose frequency.
Keep taking Azithromycin as long as it is prescribed by the doctor even if you feel better. If you suddenly stop the drug without the knowledge of doctor bacterial infection may resurface again. Keep in touch with your doctor in case condition worsens.
Side effects of Azithromycin Tablets
Common side effects are:
- Stomach upset
- Abdominal pain
The drug has been recommended by your health expert so he is aware of the likely side effects after studying your medical history. You need to trust him throughout.
Severe side effects occur in extremely rare cases. These may be:
- Partial hearing loss
- Blurred vision
- Speaking problem
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Weak muscles
- Strange tiredness
- Dark yellow urine
Keep your doctor informed if you encounter any of the above symptoms.
Precautions to be taken for Azithromycin Tablets
- Report to your doctor about allergy to antibiotic compounds of the Azithromycin, preventive action can save medical emergency. Also inform the pharmacist or consulting doctor about your liver and kidney’s medical history if any. The drug can affect the heart rhythm (fast or irregular heart beat). In rare cases it can even cause you to faint and fall off or trigger intense giddiness. You should get in touch with your closest physician in such case.
- If you are on Azithromycin drug therapy other live bacterial vaccines (for e,g. Typhoid vaccine) may not have the desired effect. So take a break from immunization/vaccinations while you are on this drug therapy.
- Inform your physician about various drugs (prescription/non-prescription and herbal) you have been taking regularly. Elderly people taking the drug should be careful and not venture out alone after taking the drug.
- Pregnant women and nursing women should first consult their doctor before taking the drug as it may lead to unwanted side effects.
- Avoid interactions with other drugs by informing about your medical condition and history to your consulting doctor.
- Do not take extra dose to catch up with the missed dose. Avoid any type of overdose as it may lead to medical emergency.